There are so many ways to make money online. Blogging, Affiliate Marketing, and YouTube are most popular ways for people to earn money online.
Do you have any idea how much do YouTubers make?
According to Forbes recent article, Daniel Middleton is the highest paid YouTuber in 2017.
He is a Gamer and his channel name is DanTDM. He has 17 million+ subscribers and more than 11 billion views on his channel. He ranks as the highest paid YouTuber of 2017 with $16.5 million.
Ever wondered how the ‘rags to riches’ tales come into existence? They certainly do everything that one needs to be a leader in such a story. They have a passion for something that makes them stand out from the crowd.
We’ve all seen people as common and ordinary as you and me, become world famous by YouTube (and of course with the passion and zeal to follow their dream.)
We’ve all seen people turning into billionaires only with the help of YouTube, one of the strongest platforms in existence.
We all at some point in our life ponder over the question, ‘how to make money fast’, but there really are no shortcuts. If you have skills, and if you are patient and persistent then you are reading the most relevant article that you need.
This article will explain how to make money from YouTube.
Making money on YouTube is not an easy business. It takes time. So, if you’ve failed in the initial days of trying to make money online, do not give up because your dream of becoming famous and rich will not come true overnight.
You need to follow your passion to monetize your talent or the ability to showcase your unique content. Read some easy steps below and follow them diligently to learn how to earn money from YouTube.
Create a YouTube Channel
To make money on YouTube, you will have to start by creating a YouTube channel where you will upload your content that is relevant and has the potential to go viral.
Creating a YouTube channel is extremely simple. You just need to create a Gmail account or create one with your existing Gmail account.
Just keep the following pointers in mind:
- Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings. The keywords you use need to be relevant to your content.
- Find a niche that complements your passion. The niche you select should resonate with the passion that you foster because people can’t relate to your content until you do.
- Select a name that very well describes your content.
- Write the description that describes your niche and let people know how your content can help them. It’s always good for your channel if people find it useful since nobody would want to waste their time.
Create Unique Content
There are various kind of people out there who search YouTube for almost everything.
Whether you love eating, traveling, singing, mimicking, dancing or cooking, you can display your unique content on YouTube and make money online.
And if you are wondering how much do YouTubers make, then the statistics may surprise you.
On an average, a YouTuber may earn up to $0.8 per 1000 views with banner ads and $5-$8 per 1000 views with the roll out ads. But, these values may vary significantly.
PewDiepPie, the number one former YouTube’s highest-paid star, has earned $15 million in 2016.
Then there are Indian YouTubers like AIB (All India Bakchod) who are no less than the celebrities. For every 1 Million views that AIB gets, they earn Rs.3.5 Lacs, with sponsorships like Snapdeal, add an additional Rs.2 Lacs per million views.
Some things that should be kept in mind while creating content to make it very easy to eyes are:
- Add Well-Timed YouTube Cards to Your Videos.
- Promote your YouTube channel on other social media platforms to bring attention to it.
- Record a call to action. Example: Please ‘Subscribe’ and Hit ‘Like’ if you like the video.
- Add the link to your website (if you own one) to get traffic to your products in case you are selling any.
Monetize Your Content
You’ll need to enable monetization to start earning money on your videos which means you are allowing YouTube to place ads in your video.
Because YouTube needs to ensure that there is no copyrighted material in your video, to start letting you earn. Follow these steps:
- Go to www.youtube.com and click “My Channel” on the webpage.
- Click the link called “Video Manager” on the top bar.
- Click channel and Enable on monetization.
You can monetize a video as it uploads by clicking the Monetization tab and checking the “Monetize with Ads” box.
Use Best Tools for your Videos
Once you edit your videos like a pro, you will realize that making money from YouTube is not that difficult of a task. All you need is some good tools for your videos.
You may use Google Keyword Planner, Evernote, Picture editing Tools, Tube Buddy, Analytics and others to make your content easy flowing and potential enough to get a great subscriber base.
And once you do, you would not need to research that how much do YouTubers get paid, because you will start making some handsome income to answer the question for yourself.
Setup Google AdSense
- Open the AdSense website and click the Sign Up Now button to begin creating your account.
- Add your PayPal or bank account and other details to be verified as a genuine user.
You only gain money per ad click and a smaller amount per view but it adds up over time. So, make your targeting audience who is genuinely interested in your content.
Do not rely on Ad revenue to make money on YouTube, rather use other generic ways to not block your income in case YouTube starts demonetizing.
- Sell Products on Merchandise – set up your own store.
- Crowdfund your project and let your audience help you. Create a great sneak peek and leave your audience wondering, to make it happen. Use crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.
- License your content to the media
Also Read: How to Get More Followers on Twitter
Check your Analytics
Once your videos are monetized, use the analytics tool to see how they are performing. Click the Analytics option in your Channel menu. Here you can view estimated earnings, ad performance, video views, demographics and more.
Do not Give Up
It may take time but do not give up if you want to become a legend in the YouTube world.
YouTube stars are the man to watch. The possibilities and earning on Youtube are endless.
Let me know in the comments below if you are using YouTube and making money. You can also share your strategies to make money online on youtube. If you would like to know more about how to monetize YouTube videos ask me in the comments.